Shoutout stream against COPPA - shout it out!
- Published: 03 December 2019
- This is a shout out live stream against COPPA! Is YOUR video made for kids? What is COPPA? Youtube's info about COPPA: skisports.info/user/watch?v=-JzXiSkoFKw
Why is this shout out stream?
The FTC released some information to help YouTube creators decide if their content is “made for kids” or not: bit.ly/2Y05AGi
- LINK to the FTC's FAQ about COPPA: bit.ly/2qLiFap
- Write a nice comment to the FTC: bit.ly/31XAEXJ ** please keep it nice!
- Suggested talking points for viewers: bit.ly/2Wptf1U
- Suggested talking points for creators: bit.ly/31SwLmI
- See comments written by others: bit.ly/31ZefJi
- Request for Public Comment on the Federal Trade Commission’s Implementation of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule: bit.ly/2XXAHSQ
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) is a United States federal law, located at 15 U.S.C. §§ 6501–6506 (Pub.L. 105–277, 112 Stat. 2681-728, enacted October 21, 1998).
While children under 13 can legally give out personal information with their parents' permission, many websites—particularly social media sites, but also other sites that collect most personal info—disallow children under 13 from using their services altogether due to the cost and work involved in complying with the law.
#coppa #shoutout #stopcoppa